Friday, November 19, 2010

Ya gotta wonder.

Its been a week since I have posted..  Meh.   Such a tough week, and not a hell of a lot of excitement in my life.   I rode a bit.. worked a bit and turned a week older.   Sigh.  

Well my riding seems to be improving.. I was going to race today.. but I have spent 2 days working on a server for which I quoted 5 hours..   so I thought I had better try to break through that stonewall.   Made progress..  hopefully enough.    This server turned out to be deep in RPM hell.. where you install bits of software from various sources to try and get a particular thing running, and in the process screw the package manager software and make updates, and installs a thing of horror.     Depressing.  

I had a near miss this week when some fool in a taxi overtook me heedless of the oncoming ambo then swerved left and jumped on the brakes.    I came close to dragging him out of the car and beating him to death.   If we have to import our cab drivers from a different sub continent could we weed out the really useless ones first?    Seems little to ask.  Another friend is in hospital  when she was stopped at a stop sign at a T intersection when a woman cut the corner and drove right over her.   You just have to wonder.   How can anyone argue that that person should be given another chance to drive?  Ever?   How about on the same street your kids are playing?   Comfortable with that.. or should she only be allowed to drive where other peoples kids are playing?

Conversation with my mum.    Mum.  "Can we go to Bendigo to visit *********. "   Me  "Sure..  we are going down there pretty often for business meetings..     we can fit that in.  We will drive up the night before... stay at Pyalong with KKKKKKK,   and then go the rest of the way..   go to our meeting and then go on and visit **********"   Mum.. " I could't put KKKKKKK  out"  Me "They have the beds and we are going to stay anyway.. you wouldn't be putting them out"   "Mum.   "NO,  I couldnt put them out.. you can drive me into Bendigo and put me in a hotel,  and then stay with them"

Its like talking to an alien.    Yeah right mum... thats cool,  no worries.     I deny all genetic relationship here.   I was stolen from gypsies,  clearly.

One of my close friends has left recently..  its pretty upsetting.    Maybe I am getting warm and caring in my old age.  If so..  I am unconvinced its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment