Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taxi drivers used to have a clue

Had a conversation with the driver of M 6084, a Silvertop taxi today Tuesday 21 June 2011 at 15:40. I watched him block both lanes at intersection of Collins and Exhibition Streets. while heading east. Then at the corner of Spring and Exhibition I congratulated him on his evident skill as he came to a sedate stop with all 4 wheels on the bike box. He asked “What bike box” Then he said and I quote. “You cyclists need to remember that the roads belong to us You need to get out of my way” He was entirely serious.

An utterly incompetent, careless (but sadly not carless ) and selfish driver of the sort few of us want on the roads.

What I find particularly annoying about this is that I spent 15 years driving Silvertop Taxi's, My DC was 117951. But the taxi industry does seem slightly on the nose atm. Ever tried to find a number or email to make a complaint directly to the company? Difficult huh?

I will be drawing the attention of the Taxi Directorate , Bicycle Victoria, the Amy Gillett foundation, my local MP, several online forums and anyone else I can think off to this individual and his attitude. I hope someone acquaints him with some brief description of Victorian road law. When inevitably he is involved in a serious accident I will do my best to make sure he is held to account.

Regards
David Thomas.

1 comment: