Monday, September 13, 2010

Gee I am a moody bugger.

Had a couple of issues this last week. Its all sortable of course.. nearly anything is. But instantly I go from being upbeat and optimistic and working my butt off for this business to moody.. unhappy, dare I say 'grumpy?' and wanting to crawl back into bed. I am not a depressive person.. and I have friends who deal with deep depression.. been there and not going there again, but sometimes I peer over the edge of that cliff and see the depths below. Scary. Got to work on being upbeat.

Its time to look at the google add words campaign again. The Virtual Assistant one. We are running a couple of these campaigns for clients and they have been hugely successful. This one.. not so much. Its tricky as I have alluded too in the past. The obvious keywords are wrong or far too widely applicable. What would you type in if you wanted to hire a VIrtual Assistant in Melbourne to.... scan some stuff in for you, polish up a report, email a bunch of clients, build a spread sheet for you, clean up some photo's update a web site, ghostwrite a business blog? See what I mean? Its a serious question by the way..what keywords are applicable? Talk to me. We need this to work

PerfectNotes IT also needs to find a decent electronics tech.. I can solder a component in OK,, can swap out bits... figure out some of a board,s logic, but we need occasional access to someone who can say, "Its the F1113 transistor here, if I put in a C112 in it will work just fine" Or who is at least better than me. They need to be within Coooee of the Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, Anyone? Am I a voice shouting in the wilderness here?

During the week I was offered a hummmmmm sponsored entry into the Degani Kinglake Ride a bit of a hill fest in the kinglake area. My team leader Ian , his missus Lisa and various others from Lisa's company were going to be doing it as a team. Late notice as the ride was yesterday (Sunday) and it was Saturday evening before I read the ride instructions. Holy frak... it was like reading the instructions to the Paris Dakar Rally or the Whitbread Race I posted on BV forums about the lack of an EPIRB in the required bits, and got a post back saying it and radio skeds and frequencies were on the last page. A joke but not by much. Hey its just a pootle in the hills on public roads. Not that you would know it. And the rules. "No overtaking" "Do not exceed 60 kph" Riiiiiighhhhhhht.

Met up with Ian and Lisa at their house and agreed to meet at the start.. and that was the last I saw of them till I called in on the way home. They never made it.. As far as I know I was the only team member to ride. Sigh. There is a picture of Ian in Wikapedia under "unreliable" Not what I needed.

I had a good day anyway. Met one person I knew. I would honestly have thought that it was impossible to have 3500 cyclists in a bunch anywhere near Melbourne and not have people there I knew. Mind you everyone was dressed the same. Nice jersey. Good score
null

Anyway.... Here is my FB post about the ride. And indeed the evening.

Ride leaving time 9:00. Ride completed.... 11:20. Nominated time for ride 3 hours. Actual time 2 hours 20 mins. Average speed 28 ish. Time for will walker climb 28 minutes 15 secs .. just under twice his time. :( Passed 128 people on the climb. Got passed by about 40... none on bikes and mostly in vintage mercedes that sounded worse than me.

Rode the first 15 km and the start with fixie. We spent most of that time being rude to the people shoving past on the left... All of whom blew up on the first climb

Problems I had. some lower back pain...

Then I went to DISC and got my legs torn off me by CARL. But did ride a really good take a lap with Jenny... we took 3 laps from the bunch together.. last launching an attack with 4 laps to go and convincingly catching them with time to spare.

My leggses hurties.


And Jenny wrote about DISC on the Team Splat! page

well, Dave and I were at DISC training tonight - Sally off doing some road riding.
Carl from aboc cycling ran another great session for the "enduro" bunch. One of our tidiest efforts at the warm-up laps.
3 x 3 minute bursts with gradual increments in speed before a final sprint.
Followed by 50 sec recovery/10 sec sprint bursts for 15 minutes.
"Take-a -lap" drill to finish. We managed a fine piece of Team Spat! co-operation and worked together to take 3 laps from the "bunch".

Truly, it's the first night I have felt really comfortable at DISC and not panicky at all.




I,ll see if I can find a pic of me on this ride at some point. The climb referred to is some 7+ km steep pitch that a really quick rider onces set a superb time up.. possibly on a motorcycle (snicker)

THe world champs are nearly here. The biggest thing to EVER happen in cycling in Australia is happening just down the road in Boganville.. er Geelong. Nothing much has been said about it.. THe locals mostly seem to not want it there. If its not V8 motor racing, or the Footy its foreign. One bloke said "WHo cares about cycling?" 350 million more people than ever have heard about Aussie Rules you hillbilly. Sheisse. What can you do? No advertising has been seen. No promotion. Lets ignore it.. and it will go away and not come back.

But Cycling Tips Blog put it so much better than I can

3 comments:

  1. General office help
    office writing
    freelance
    SEO
    business blogging
    business writing
    dogsbody
    gopher

    Along with specific things of course... which is what people will mostly be looking for. If they've heard of virtual assistants, then that's what they'll search for. great. If not... they'll likely search for individual things. Then you have to tell them in the blurb why they need you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK..... That all sounds like it might actually be useful. Very very useful. I,ll at least incorporate all that on the web page.. and redo the Addwords campaign.

    ReplyDelete