Thursday, July 1, 2010

bikebitsuk.com

Its actually Bikebits UK .com. but Bikebit SUK .com gets it absolutely right

Was I you I would not give them the time of day.
Clincher tires that are suitable for the wood at DISC are rare. And hard to find. And Expensive
So Jenny and I were happy to find them for a very cheap price at bikebitsuk. And Jenny promptly put in an order for two pair. And I told Carl Brewer of ABOC that he could have the tires I have borrowed off him for months (made out of recycled condoms.. best fu$$ing compound around) back

However bikebitsuk.com screwed us around. Not with non recycled condoms.. I speak metaphorically. Asswipes. The tires never turned up.. because they never had them. Bikebitsuk.com are now in my list of things I must do next time I visit my lovely mate Sara and her hubby in Hampton London.UK.
Dave and SaThis is a picture of me and the lovely Sa on my motorcycle the second last time she was in Melbourne.

I really want to tell Malcolm face to face how impressed with his customer service I am. Class, all the way NOT. Will my annoyance last long enough to actually visit? Well I guess it depends on how many people annoy me this much in the next few months. Malcolm will be a hard act to beat.

Jenny did get her money back today. But still. It was well over a month of buggering around. And with no contact from bikebitsuk for most of that time. At least it means I have her permission to express my annoyance with the joke that is bikebitsuk.com

That is the thing about the internet. You have to actually make an effort. One dissatisfied customer can do you a lot of damage. Me being a dissatisfied customer, I am happy to do bikebitsuk.com a lot of damage. OK they are probably a little start up like us. OK they are probably trying hard. But they made no effort to make up for their oops. They could have done a lot. Even sent Jenny a bunch of flowers or something. And possibly gained a customer. I would never not try and square it with a customer. So stuff em. Asswipes. One internet company to not deal with. Make a note and don't. I never got a reply to the below email.



No Malcolm. Not good enough.
Get us these bloody tires or its unlikely you will sell anything to Oz
again.. and nearly certain that visiting Victoria is not something you
ever want to do. And since I am in the UK every couple of years.... way
to get annoyed.

Or alternatively find some acceptable way to make our experience with you
at least ok if not an overwhelmingly positive experience. Pull the digit
out and sort it.

4 suppliers.... riiiiiiighhht..... Pretty sure I could find a nuclear
reactor..or at least a MBT with less effort than that.


Regards

David Thomas.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "malcolm"
> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:36 PM
> To: "'Jennifer Campbell'"
> Subject: RE: Order Update urgently required.
>
>> Jennifer
>> As you have started the process of reclaiming the money paid my hands
>> are
>> tie and I have to wait for the process to take its course.
>>
>> I have been trying and trying to get hold of the tyres you order and I
>> have
>> placed order with 4 different suppliers to get supplies. All have
>> confirmed
>> my order but none have delivered to date. This applies not only to the
>> Diamante Pro light but various other Vittoria tyres and tubular. Nobody
>> at
>> this end of the world is saying what is going on whether it is a
>> production
>> problem and or commercial problem. I have been inform that a new price
>> list
>> has been announced taking effect from 1st July and prices are
>> considerable
>> higher than they were and perhaps this has been the problem with all the
>> currency fluctuations prevailing at the moment.
>>
>> As soon as I here from the chargeback dept of Natwest Streamline I will
>> instruct them to refund immediately.
>>
>> Sorry we were unable to help at this time
>>
>> Regards
>> Malcolm Cross
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Jennifer Campbell [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>> Sent: 29 June 2010 07:18
>> To: info@bikebitsuk.com
>> Subject: Order Update urgently required.
>> Importance: High
>>
>>
>>
>>> Hi Malcolm,
>>>
>>> You have charged me for my 4 tyres on 15th May 2010. I have NOT
>>> received
>>> them. You have NOT responded to my emails.
>>> I will be contacting my credit card provider to have this payment
>>> cancelled.
>>>
>>> I am unimpressed with your lack of customer service.
>>>
>>> Jennifer Campbell
>>>
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>> From: "Jennifer Campbell"
>>> Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:09 PM
>>> To: "International Cycle Components"
>>> Subject: Re: Order Update
>>>
>>>> Malcolm Cross,
>>>>
>>>> Hi Malcolm,
>>>>
>>>> Tyres haven't arrived yet - can you confirm when they were posted?
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>>
>>>> Jennifer Campbell
>>>>
>>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>>> From: "International Cycle Components"
>>>> Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:15 AM
>>>> To: "Jennifer Campbell"
>>>> Subject: Order Update
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Bike Bits UK
>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Order Number: 1845
>>>>> Date Ordered: Saturday 15 May, 2010
>>>>>
>>>>> The comments for your order are
>>>>>
>>>>> Jennifer, thanks for the order. The postage for the 4 tyres will be
>>>>> GBP13.00 via Royal Mail airmall small packets. Please confirm your
>>>>> acceptance so that we can ship quickly and ask Sage Pay to debit yor
>>>>> card with the additional cost. Thanks Malcolm Cross
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Your order has been updated to the following status.
>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment